wpa_supplicant 1.0 fails to execute the 'up' routines.

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 02:09:53 EST 2014

Gustav,

no, /etc/wpa_supplicant/ifupdown.sh might come with Debian's
wpasupplicant_*.deb file, but it's still not from the hostap project.
Network bringup is one of the areas where the distributions do things
quite differently, e.g. Redhat derived ones with /etc/sysconfig/* and
Debian derived ones with /etc/network/interfaces ... and some (e.g.
Arch) leave this as an exercise to the user. :-)

I actually like that Debian doesn't have a hard dependency on Python,
I have embedded Debian systems without a Python on their sdcard /
eMMC.

iproute2 is just the powerful, underdocumented, not so loved successor
of ifconfig/route. It doesn't define a configuration file format to
store persistent information (e.g. ip addresses, passphrases) between
boots.