hostapd: multi bss operation with WEP, WPA and ieee80211n=1

Helmut Schaa helmut.schaa at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 15 11:00:39 EST 2011

Hi All,

I'm trying to run a hostapd config containing both a WPA (with CCMP)
bss and a plain WEP bss in conjunction with 11n. As expected hostapd
won't allow me to set up a 11n WEP bss but unfortunately I don't see
how it would be possible to set up the WPA part to still allow 11n and
only disable 11n for the WEP bss.

As far as I can see ieee80211n is a global config parameter. Jouni,
would it make sense to make ieee80211n a bss config parameter?

Thanks,
Helmut