EAPOL-Key timeout issue

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Mon Feb 21 11:37:17 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM, David Narvaez
<david.narvaez at computer.org> wrote:
> which makes me think someone is playing things wrong but I don't know
> where to start debugging. For me, it's obviously something wrong with
> the access point since I can connect to any other WPA2 network I see
> around with the same laptop.

This turned out to be a bug in the laptop driver. Specifically, the
broadcom-sta driver (on a BCM4312) drops EAPOL Group Rekeying packages
when the laptop is disconnected from the battery charger. I switched
to b43 and it works perfectly now. Since it's now working and
broadcom-sta is not open-sourced, I'm not interested in following up
on that bug, so I'm just documenting it here if anybody has similar
issues in the future.

Thanks for the no-help.

David E. Narvaez