Intersil (AMBIT) Prism 2.5, 3872 chipset

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Sun Mar 25 04:55:12 EDT 2007

Roberto Guida wrote:
> [root at PCGUEST9G9 rob]# dmesg | grep wifi0
> hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wifi0
> wifi0: Original COR value: 0x0
> wifi0: NIC: id=0x8022 v1.0.0
> wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.1
> wifi0: STA: id=0x1f v1.7.4
> wifi0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xe0500000, irq=11
> wifi0: registered netdevice wlan0
> wifi0: Host AP mode does not support 'Any' essid

You are now in hostap = AccessPoint mode (default mode), but no ssid
set, you must set it via e.g. iwconfig. Do you want to be client or
accesspoint? If you want to be client as default, you can put the
following to /etc/modules.conf.

alias wlan0 hostap_pci
options hostap_pci iw_mode=2

otherwise you can just add the alias

alias wlan0 hostap_pci

> wifi0: TXEXC - status=0x0004 ([Discon]) tx_control=000c
> wifi0: Could not find STA ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff for this TX error (@391931)
>
> what are all these errors?

I don't think they are errors but info texts.

> In fact wlan0 existed before, but i removed (before send u the email) it
> because I thought it was referred to a USB wifi that I have used some
> months ago (supported by another driver, and that worked) and that now i
> didn't need.. how can it appear again?

The driver should do that when it get loaded. How do you removed it?

> [root at PCGUEST9G9 rob]# rmmod hostap_pci
> ERROR: Module hostap_pci is in use

The other modules are depending on hostap_pci, so you can't remove it first.

--
Best Regards, Jar