WPA_CLI: Difficulty switching from 1connection to another

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Aug 5 14:32:49 EDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 07:40:49AM -0700, George S. Lockwood wrote:
>   3. I can successfully enable on of the networks and get it to
>   connect.  I believe I do the following:
>      1. list the networks
>      2. enable the one I want
>      3. select the one I want (not sure the difference between enable
>      and select)
>      4. reassociate.

Enabling a network will only enable one of the networks without changing
ocnfiguration for other networks. Selecting a network enables the
selected network and disables all other networks.

>   5. Trying to repeat the substeps of Step 3. to connect to a different
>   network (or the same again) doesn't establish the connection.

Please send the full set of commands you tried and include description
on which command did not work in the way you expected. I would also like
to see the debug log from wpa_supplicant (with -dd on command line) for
this case. It should be possible to use select_network to switch between
configured networks and this should not require restarting of either
wpa_supplicant or wpa_cli.