porting to world radio chips from conexant

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Thu May 19 05:59:11 EDT 2005

Hi Jouni, All,

1) I do intend to make it open source .

2) I went thru broadcom code and mapping it now with my cards structures ..

3) I now understand (*hope so -;) ) the relavance and what all I have
to   pass apart from API structure population .. i.e what all events
..

I had a small observation, if one could please clarify ..
in the wpa_supplicant_asocinfo.

The header file which had structure defintion for wpa_even_data,
mentions that
req_ie, resp_ie
becaon_ie,  are all optional ..

But, in this function code, I see that  we are free'ing any data which
wud have been part of wpa_s , without checking that the driver while
passing this event filled in the correct i.e's or not ..

infact mapping it with drover_broadcom.c
I see that assoc info driver gives to this funciton is copied into
"resp"_ie while wpa_supplicant_asocinfo function is using p =
data->asoc_info.req_ies .
This indicates usage of req_ies, which has like not even been
populated in driver ?
same for beacon frames , driver doesnt passes and we are free'ing and
memcpy'ing ..

Also, if I could ask, of all these 3 (optional ?) ie's which one will
be needed defintely ..
In the sense that from where else can supplicant gather info on ie's
and so I could skip giving here .. ??
scan result population I will with wpa_ie ..
This will be resp_ie right ..
so that leaves req_ie ,, infact do we need in wpa_s AP's ie, or our
request IE, ?
This is what I could guess, please correct me if I am wrong:

in wpa_s
ap_wpa_ie refers to AP's beacon / resp_ie ..
ap_rsn_ie .. for RSN case, same meaning as above
assoc_wpa_ie, .. what we just sent in association request ?? req_ie

Cheers,
Alfred