...it works with madwifi, but not ipw2200?

Greg Baker gbaker at cs.mun.ca
Mon Feb 14 15:45:09 EST 2005

Hey guys..  Just wondering if there's any weirdness with the ipw2200 drivers?
After successfully setting up my own wireless using wpa_supplicant 0.3.8, I
decided to try to set up my friend's...

The APs that we use here do not broadcast the SSID, and I think that may be
where the problem is coming from.  His keeps saying "No suitable APs found".

I can do an "iwlist eth1 scan" and see the APs, but their SSIDs are showing as
hidden. Any comments?  Does this card fully support WPA+TKIP?

Here's our config file:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
network={
        ssid="stu"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=PEAP
        pairwise=TKIP
        group=TKIP
        identity="gbaker"
        password="...."
        phase1="include_tls_length=1 peapver=0"
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
}

Also, one other thing, whenever I get an IP from DHCP, it messes up my
hostname.  Does anyone know the switch to dhclient that will let me keep my
own hostname?

Thanks,
Greg