wpa_supplicant error when trying to use EAP-PEAP/GTC

Henrik Brix Andersen brix at gentoo.org
Tue Oct 12 09:23:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 15:14, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Is some porting needed? wpa_supplicant did not really change that much
> between 0.2.4 and 0.2.5; especially, the driver interface should not
> have changed at all.. Did you try applying the patch to 0.2.5? Did this
> fail? If yes, please point me to the latest version of the patch and I
> can take a quick look.

I was told by Pedro Ramalhais in #ipw2100 on freenode that the patch
would not work with wpa_supplicant-0.2.5 since it relied on a
misbehavior of wpa_supplicant-0.2.4 that had been corrected in 0.2.5.

The patch applies fine (with offsets in a couple of hunks). I have been
unable to locate the original patch online but I have a copy of it in my
portage overlay at
http://dev.gentoo.org/~brix/files/overlay/net-wireless/wpa-supplicant/files/wpa-supplicant-0.2.4-ipw2100.patch.gz

Are there any plans to include the patch in wpa_supplicant?

Sincerely,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at gentoo.org>