Can't seem to 'make' it work (ha ha)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Jun 24 00:42:12 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:14:56PM -0700, Keith Redfield wrote:

> [root at bridge1 wpa_supplicant-0.2.3]# make
> cc -MMD -O2 -Wall -g -I../driver/modules -I../utils
> -I../hostapd -DCONFIG_DRIVER_HOSTAP -DIEEE8021X_EAPOL
> -DEAP_PEAP -DEAP_MSCHAPv2 -DEAP_TLS_FUNCS
> -DCONFIG_WIRELESS_EXTENSION   -c -o config.o config.c
> In file included from config.c:22:
> sha1.h:6:25: warning: openssl/sha.h: No such file or
> directory

> I did put a symbolic link from OPENSSLHOME/include/openssl in wpa_supplicant root since that's where the files it's expecting seem to live..but no change so is there some PATH directive I'm missing? Where is it expecting openssl libs to be?

wpa_supplicant Makefile expects to find openssl includes and libraries
from the default compiler directories, e.g., /etc/include/openssl. If
you have your installation in a private directory, you can add it to the
CFLAGS variable in the wpa_supplicant Makefile. Add a line like this to
the Makefile (e.g., after the "Include directories for CVS version CFLAGS
line):

CFLAGS += -IOPENSSLHOME/include -LOPENSSLHOME/lib

(you are likely to need that -L option, too, for the libraries)