A couple beginner questions ..

Mark G. Spencer mspencer at evidentdata.com
Thu Jan 22 12:39:54 EST 2004

Hello all,

In the documentation for hostap, it mentions "However, the orinoco_cs driver in current 2.4 kernel tree or pcmcia-cs package or linux-wlan-ng is probably better supported solution for cases that do not use Host AP mode." .. Could someone elaborate on that for me?  Does that mean supported in the community or technical sense?  Now that I compiled hostap from scratch, it works great on my SuSE system.  I'll probably switch to hostap on my other machines soon.

Also, I was curious if people are using two Prism 2/2.5/3 PC Cards in the same laptop simultaneously with hostap?  I'm going to borrow a second Prism 2.5 based PC Card soon to see how that would work for wireless -> wireless bridging.

Thanks,

Mark