Sensitivity in master and ad-hoc modes

jar jar at pcuf.fi
Fri Jan 2 15:11:57 EST 2004

Hello

In the past I was running the hostap driver in ad-hoc mode in both ends.
But now running the other end in master mode and other in managed mode.

That sounds crazy, but it seems to me that the connection between the
stations is less stable in master-managed connection it was in
ad-hoc-ad-hoc connection. Because the connection breaks (packet losses
with ping etc.) now more often even the stations are still in the same
places as they was earlier. Also the link quality values seems to be
quite the same.

Generally could it be possible that in ad-hoc mode the reveiver is more
sensitive and receives packets with lower signal levels than in hostap
mode?

Regards, Jar