Broadcast of SSID is required for wpa_supplicant?

Donald Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Wed Aug 25 20:42:49 EDT 2004

Given that ndiswrapper is the only option for broadcom
at the moment, it amounts to the same thing, but I didn't
make it clear that I was referring to ndiswrapper in my question.

Our network security is intending to deploy the Cisco 1000 APs
with the default of SSIDs not broadcast.

We've got a number of hurdles to clear: ndiswrapper needs to be
more stable (currently locks up with Xandros 2.4.26 kernel),
wpa has not worked yet, and we need the AP to do something
that won't happen.

Xandros are working on backing off kernel options and seeing
if there is one that is conflicting.  It would be great if
ndiswrapper could crash the machine with a kernel dump
instead of a lock up.

--Donald Teed