Broadcast of SSID is required for wpa_supplicant?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Aug 25 20:53:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 09:42:49PM -0300, Donald Teed wrote:

> Given that ndiswrapper is the only option for broadcom
> at the moment, it amounts to the same thing, but I didn't
> make it clear that I was referring to ndiswrapper in my question.

No it's not the only option. Rest of the message is starting to be off
topic for Host AP mailing list, so further discussion about ndsiwrapper
should be moved to its mailing lists.

NDIS drivers seem to have somewhat unfortunate mechanism for
implementing AP scan for given SSID, so it may take some time to figure
out a clean way of doing this with wpa_supplicant. Anyway, this is being
worked on.