managed HostAP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Sep 2 23:47:53 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 08:00:18AM +0200, Oliver Baltz wrote:

> I want my HostAP on a Debian machine to communicate with my other WLAN-AP.
> I typed:
>
> iwconfig wlan0 ap XX:XX:XX... (MAC).

Did you enable host roaming (search for host_roaming in README)?
Selecting AP by MAC address is only supported in that mode. Usually, one
uses SSID to select the AP. Please also note that you may need to
configure SSID and key configuration to match with the AP when you use
iwconfig 'ap' option with Host AP driver.