Interim Accounting Update supported with hostapd ?

Gehlert Frank-QSWI3185 Frank.Gehlert at motorola.com
Tue Sep 2 02:06:50 EDT 2003

Jouni,

IAU us used to send "normal" accounting packets to the Radius server at configurable intervals.
I's useful when a user stays online for a very long timeframe to monitor his activity for billing reasons or to detect lost sessions. I know e.g. Cisco and Juniper are supporting it. One parameter is mentioned in RFC 2866:

The Value field is four octets.

       1      Start
       2      Stop
       3      Interim-Update