CardServices release does not match (and hotap_crypt_wep not loaded)

Ricardo Galli gallir at uib.es
Thu May 15 11:01:50 EDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 06:52, Jouni Malinen shaped the electrons to
shout:
> > I've deleted the "return -1" after the version checking in
> > hostap_cs.c and it works fine.
> >
> > Is there a not so nasty way to solve it?
>
> You should make sure that you are compiling pcmcia-cs (or the cs/ds
> parts of it) using the same headers that you use to compile Host AP
> driver.

Yea, kill me, needed a "make clean" after editing the makefile.

And doing these test I finally confirmed _when_ hostap_crypt_wep is not
loaded automatically, see last lines in
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2002-December/000765.html:

"if hostap is compiled as module against 2.4.20 and the
last pcmcia modules version, hostap_crypt_wep is not loaded
automatically."

It happens always when hostap is compiled against the pcmcia-cs sources.
Now I tested it with 2.4.21-rc2 and 2.4.21-rc2-ac2. The hostap_crypt_wep
module has to be modprob'ed manually in order to make wep work.

Regards,

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34