Possible problem with Hostap and latest PCMCIA-CS-3.2.4

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Jun 9 09:18:29 EDT 2003

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:

> I switched back to pcmcia-cs-3.1.34 and everything starts working perfectly.
> I'm running RH9 with kernel ver 2.4.20-18.9

If it's a Red Hat kernel, then you are using PCMCIA drivers from the
kernel, not from pcmcia-cs.  The only thing you use from pcmcia-cs is
cardmgr.  I don't think your problems are related to cardmgr because it
simply binds the driver to the card.

> Could just be a problem with the pcmcia-cs package itself but thought i'd
> bring it to the lists attention incase it's not.
> Anyone else tried card services 3.2.4 with hostap?

Yes, and it's working fine.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin