prism cards

SLeiBt sleibt at free.fr
Tue Aug 19 15:57:03 EDT 2003

Hi!

Just a bit of warning... Quite a few makes have "fairly silently"
switched from prism to TI chipset in their 11 products... In some cases,
the product number changed a bit, say xxxV2, but some made no change
whatsoever to the product name.

I can't recall which it was I was interested in (ended up buying
netgear) and looking at the windows driver I found that it was made of 2
completely different sets of files, with different PCI ids & such, but
the exact same displayed name.

But maybe even netgear moved to something else than prism since last
spring.

Regards,

Sebastien