[VPN] Using PAP auth with MS VPN adapter in Win 98/DUN-1.4

listuser listuser at myrealbox.com
Tue Feb 4 03:22:30 EST 2003

Hi all,

This may be slightly off topic, but I have searched far and wide and still did not get any reply to this :(

I want to setup a pptp vpn between my win98 system and a linux vpn server
running poptop. The server part is running fine and I am able to
successfully logon to the vpn from XP and NT systems, using pap auth. But
I am not able to connect from 98 with DUN 1.4. The reason being default
auth scheme for 98 is chap and the server accepts only pap, atleast that
is what I get from the poptop logs. So How can I enable PAP in Win98 VPN
Adapter?

MS docs says that the DUN-1.4 supports PAP, (url:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsnetserver/proddocs/server/sag_RASS_clients_VPN.asp)
but I am unable to find out how to enanble it.

Any help here will be much appreciated!

raj