[vpn] newbie setting up vpn

Nate Harel nharel at nettech-services.net
Sun Jun 16 19:45:42 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Forgive my ignorance here but I am trying to set up a small vpn connection
between two offices.

Office A:
win2k machine on a small network behind a Netgear router. I set up the
router to forward vpn traffic on port 1723 to the Win2K machine. That
machine has been setup to accept incoming calls. I set up the local network
using 192.168.0.x addresses. I configured the incoming connection to accept
calls from networks with that address range. I also made the Office A local
disk shared.

Office B:
WinXP machine on a small network behind a Netgear router. Again, I setup
the router to forward vpn traffic on port 1723. That machine was setup with
an outgoing vpn connection to Office A with an IP address of 192.168.0.100.
This local network is also 192.168.0.x.

 From Office B, I dial out to Office A and get a connection. I can see the
connection being made at A. So far all is well. HOWEVER, from B, I cannot
see any of Office A's network, files, computers, etc. It is almost like
there is no connection at all.

HELP!! I am stumped.

Nate

                 ----------------------------------