[vpn] vpn question

Markwat at aol.com Markwat at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 21:06:54 EST 2002

I have a 5 branch company with 50 pc's throughout. Headquarters has 34, and
there are 4 in each of the others. We are on a Windows NT network, and our
locations are connected by frame relay at 64 Kbps. We utilize VoIP.

To save money, and give me the ability to get higher bandwidth, I would
like to get rid of the frame relay, and switch to a VPN. I have done a lot of
research, but am still confused as to whether I can simply implement Windows
NT (or Windows 2000) software VPN, or if I need to implement a hardware based
VPN. I also am considering the possiblity of outsourcing. Can you offer me
some advice?