[vpn] Nokia Crypto Cluster <-> Cisco 1720

Raymakers, Guy guy.raymakers at eds.com
Fri Jan 4 02:26:28 EST 2002

Joel,

I'm using the same setup, some  CC2500 central and some Cisco 1720's remote.
It appears that the IKE negotiations and IKE renewal take some time.
Therefore, I see sometimes that there's a gap of +- 2 a 3 minutes in the
connections between these two systems. I've done some checking on this and
the only explanation I've found is that the Cisco box is setting up a new
IKE SA just before the existing one is expiring. That seems to confuse the
nokia box and that's when the VPN connection is lost for a while. Have you
seen the same behavior ?

Best regards,
Guy