[vpn] SonicWALL VPN/Win2k authentication problem

Mark Wroblewski mwroblewski at inkware.com
Thu Apr 18 17:18:18 EDT 2002

Network Layout:

SonicWALL Pro -------- Hub ------- Lan1 (My Network)

Internet

HW FireWall ----------Hub-----------Lan2 (Mother Company)

Here's my current dilema. I'm using my SonicWALL to allow users
from our parent company (LAN2) to VPN into my network (LAN1).
I can succesfully from LAN2 go through the VPN and manipulate any IP
devices such as configurable hubs on LAN1. When I try to access
data that resides on Win2k Servers, I'm receiving an error
to the effect that there are no login servers available  to
authenticate me. Both LAN's use win98/win2k workstations and both
networks run Win2k servers, LAN1 and LAN2 are seperate domains.
How can I get a ws on LAN1 authenticated to access data on LAN2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark