Sonicwall ver 5.1.1 and Nortel Extranet Client

Christopher Gripp cgripp at AXCELERANT.COM
Tue Apr 3 15:10:12 EDT 2001

It means that, their device is SUPPOSE to allow the use of an IPSec VPN
from behind it and that it will "PASS THRU" the protocol without
adverseloy affecting the ability of the VPN to properly negotiate.

-----Original Message-----
From: Manny Ancheta [mailto:imra at AIRBORNE.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 11:24 AM
To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: Sonicwall ver 5.1.1 and Nortel Extranet Client

I have a a SOHO10 without the VPN option.
Whenever I start either a PPTP(MS VPN) or the
Nortel Extranet Client to a Nortel Contivity VPN
server, it does not work. But, if I used the SMC 4-port
SOHO firewall, it allows at least one connection from
internal home network.

The SMC folks are saying that they are doing a VPN
pass-thru. The Sonicwall requires you to buy their
VPN software which is about 400.00 more. That
really sucks.

What is a VPN pass-thru?