ATM and VPN's

Tina Bird tbird at PRECISION-GUESSWORK.COM
Tue Mar 21 16:22:07 EST 2000

Sure, it's paranoid.  But the expense and performance
issues involved in encrypting everything are a lot
less than they used to be.  So the question is, why

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Franco Sabaris, Javier wrote:

> Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:59:20 +0100
> From: "Franco Sabaris, Javier" <jfranco at MUNDO-R.NET>
> To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
> Subject: Re: ATM and VPN's
>
> Hi!
>
> If you don't trust your ATM carrier, I can't see why you should trust your
> voice carrier, or your point to point circuits provider. So, following the
> same idea, you should encrypt every information (data or voice) that travels
> outside your buildings. Isn't it a bit paranoic?
>

> Saúdos,
> Javier F.
>
> VPN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.COM

"Doubt is an uncomfortable situation, but certainty is an
absurd one." -- Voltaire