Modify capability information field in assocication request

volker.obhof.w at sew-eurodrive.de volker.obhof.w at sew-eurodrive.de
Fri May 22 05:47:38 EDT 2015

I just search everywhere in wpa_supplicant source code to modify the capability information field in association request but I didn’t find anything.

In file driver_nl80211.c there is a function called wpa_driver_nl80211_associate() where a association request is set. Then in function nl80211_connect_common() a new association request frame is built.

But nowhere is set the data for the capability information field.

Can anybody help me to find out which struct and function I have to use to modify capability information field in wpa_supplicant?

SEW-EURODRIVE GmbH & Co KG
Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz: Bruchsal, RG Mannheim HRA 230970
Komplementärin: SEW-EURODRIVE Verwaltungs-GmbH, Sitz: Bruchsal, RG Mannheim HRB 230207

Gesellschafter: Jürgen Blickle, Rainer Blickle
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Blickle (Vorsitzender), Johann Soder, Dr. Jürgen Zanghellini