Wireless AC

WebDawg webdawg at gmail.com
Thu May 21 19:12:30 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Arend van Spriel <arend at broadcom.com>
wrote:

> On 05/21/15 19:45, WebDawg wrote:
>
>> I wanted to setup a Wireless AC access point and was shopping for the
>> best chipset/hardware. I am going to be building an access point and I
>> was thinking pcie would be the best interface for the card.
>>

> Not really a question for this list but let take the bait. What host
> platform (with PCIe interface) are you planning to use?
>
> Regards,
> Arend
>

>  Can someone tell me the best card to get? I was looking for something
>> that I should expect to be supported in the future by hostapd and its
>> associated driver.
>>
>> What is the most popular fastest AC card?

Sorry if I have the wrong list.  I figured that I should talk directly to
the developers as they can tell me what hardware they develop on and I can
take a cue from that.  Do you know of a better place for this question?

My OS choice is open right now.  I figured Linux, but the box is going to
be dedicated to wireless and that is it.  Right now I have chosen x86/x64
platform.  I was staying away from ARM.

What do you recommend?

I just want a full feature setup.  2.4 Ghz, 5Ghz...G,N,AC.  I am focusing
on AC right now though.  I realize that I may have to use more then one
card to achieve all this.

I do not have to use PCIe if that is not the recommended route.