mac address spoofing doubt

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Mar 26 09:14:14 EDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 09:30:55AM +0100, Imanol Fuidio wrote:
> With vulnerability I refer to the fact that a STA can mimic the MAC address
> of another one, maybe the wording is not correct. Even if an open network
> does not provide protection, I'd like to know the feasibility to have two
> devices with the same MAC address in the same hotspot with internet.

If you are asking whether it is feasible for someone to make a device
that is capable of doing this while ignoring the protocol requirements,
then yes, that could be done. Obviously, it would result in issues with
two devices potentially reacting to frames at the same time. Anyway, I'm
not sure I understand what exactly you are asking for here.