mac address spoofing doubt

Imanol Fuidio imanol.fuidio at fon.com
Thu Mar 26 04:30:55 EDT 2015

Hi,

With vulnerability I refer to the fact that a STA can mimic the MAC address
of another one, maybe the wording is not correct. Even if an open network
does not provide protection, I'd like to know the feasibility to have two
devices with the same MAC address in the same hotspot with internet.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 03:06:20PM +0100, Imanol Fuidio wrote:
> > I'd like to know if it is possible to have working two STAs with the same
> > MAC address  on an open, non-ciphered, signal. While testing this
> > vulnerability I can't have two devices with the same MAC address
> receiving
> > ICMP responses concurrently, has this something to do with how WiFi
> works?
>
> What do you mean with "working" in this context? You will obviously have
> various issues if there are two devices trying to use the same address.
> Which vulnerability are you talking about? An open network does not
> provide any kind of protection..
>
> --

[image: Fon] <http://www.fon.com/>Imanol FuidioR&D Engineer+34
946545847Skype: imanol.fonAll information in this email is
confidential <http://corp.fon.com/legal/email-disclaimer>