Unable to connect to WPA2-Enterprise since 2.4-r1: WPA_ALG_PMK bug?

Ralf Ramsauer ralf+hostap at ramses-pyramidenbau.de
Mon Apr 27 12:01:43 EDT 2015

Hey Juoni, Dan,

in the meanwhile I get more and more bug reports from people using the same WiFi

I also tried another WPA2-Enterprise WiFi which uses TTLS/PAP instead of PEAP/MSCHAPv2 - same problem here.

so here's what you need.

These are affirmed affected cards:
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (rev 35) <- my own card / iwlwifi module
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300
02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 33)
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron] Network Connection (rev 61)
02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

So this problem seems to be independent of the driver - the Atheros card definitely does not use the iwlwifi module.

Dan, thanks to your tip, this saved me hours of manpage reading

wpa_supplicant logs are attached. I only had to remove identity information.

userA_wpa_supplicant_2_3  - http://pastebin.com/1P7Yfesn
userA_wpa_supplicant_2_4  - http://pastebin.com/DmSUisrh
userA_wpa_supplicant_diff - http://pastebin.com/Kiub8b7h
userB_wpa_supplicant_2_4  - http://pastebin.com/y9TfwPx2