AW: WPA2-PSK and WPA-EAP together?

Anand Moon moon.linux at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 01:52:01 EDT 2014

Hi Conrad,

I would like to setup freeradius server with hostapd for WPA-EAP

I found following link.

http://www.rinta-aho.org/docs/wlan/wlan.html

My query is how to create the self sign certificates?

In the above link mkcert script will create certificates, but it fails.

please share the method to create these certificates.
Also how to configure freeradius users.

-Anand Moon

On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:08 AM, Conrad Kostecki <ck at conrad-kostecki.de> wrote:
> Which clients did you test with? Some station devices have issues with multiple AKMs being advertised in the WPA/RSN elements and enabling both WPA2-PSK and WPA2-EAP will end up doing that.
> Have you tried with a Linux client using wpa_supplicant? If so, could you please share a debug log showing such a failure with WPA2-PSK?

The SqueezeBox is actually running Linux and has SSH. There is also used wpa_supplicant for Wi-Fi. But it's quite old. The version is 0.6.9. I am afraid, that I won't be able to update this one.

I've created debug logs of hostapd and wpa_supplicant for both cases.

WPA-PSK + WPA-EAP enabled: http://pastebin.com/kR56Vap7 (does not work)
WPA-PSK only enabled: http://pastebin.com/W7LeGR1c (works)

Cheers
Conrad