How to kick a user based on NAI

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Jul 30 07:46:51 EDT 2014

Hi,

> I want to kick out some users on a particular realm while try and
> authenticate others. This done on the basis of the NAI. For example
> abc at example.com <mailto:abc at example.com> is allowed while
> xyz at example.com <mailto:xyz at example.com> is not allowed to authenticate.

Forget it: almost all common EAP methods allow to forge an outer
identity which does NOT match the actual login.

That is, your bad user xyz at example.com would simply use abc at example.com
as its anonymous outer identity.

In EAP, the NAS/AP never learns the identity of the user; only of the
realm with some high degree of certainty.

Only the RADIUS server can make that decision.

Get over it :-)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter