Slower internet speed via hostapd and TL-WN422G V2

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon Aug 11 16:40:39 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:43:53AM +0200, Mariusz Ciszewski wrote:
> Using hostapd on device:
> http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/viewtopic.php?p=13479005 according to
> http://osworld.pl/access-point-na-raspberry-pi/ I ran software Acces Point.
>
> But there is one issue. Slower internet speed via hostapd and TL-WN422G V2.
>
> Internet speed via calbe is 12 Mbit and via wici (hostapd) 7.6 Mbit only.

hostapd does not process the Data frames and as such, this sounds like a
driver question rather than something for this mailing list (unless the
supported rates or channel parameters are misconfigured). Anyway, I'm
not completely sure what you are comparing here. If that is really
comparing the throughput through wired Ethernet and WLAN, it certainly
doesn't have much to do with this mailing list or hostapd..