Peering/Pairing hostapd radius servers? Urgent help!!

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Nov 28 13:08:10 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 03:06:38PM +0200, khali singh wrote:
> I have successfully managed to get my own hostapd radius server and
> wpa_supplicant to work together and it works like a charm.
>
> Now I wish to have 2 different hostapd radius servers that can talk to each
> other and forward requests. So users from one domain are served by one
> server and the other domain are served by the other server.
>
> Meaning the servers might receive a request from any user and may respond
> with local authentication or forward it to the other server based on the
> domain/realm in the identity received.

hostapd does not include support for RADIUS proxy functionality. If you
want something like that, you may want to look at more complete RADIUS
implementations, like FreeRADIUS. The purpose of the RADIUS
authentication server implementation in hostapd is to have a convenient
test setup available for testing various EAP methods. This does not aim
to be a complete RADIUS server in any way.