I always need a miracle to connect with iwlwifi

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:14:32 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 2:35 AM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Krishna Chaitanya
> <chaitanya.mgit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also one more thing you said N900 uses mac80211 and it has no issues, but as
>> its a embedded device it might running an older kernel where the
>> handling might be
>> different, so we need to try with the same kernel you are facing an
>> issue with the
>> a driver which advertises IEEE80211_HW_NEED_DTIM_BEFORE_ASSOC.
>
> Yes it was running an older kernel, but I just compiled v3.12 and ran
> it on the N900, and still everything works fine.
>
>> (or) if you a have a compilation environment try commenting the advertisement of
>> IEEE80211_HW_NEED_DTIM_BEFORE_ASSOC in the iwlwifi DVM driver and
>> try to reproduce the issue.
>
> After commenting that flag everything works fine :)
>
> What are the next steps?

I tried to add some debugging to see what's going on, and indeed the
beacon packets are lost, I added debugging as low in the chain as I
could (iwlagn_rx_reply_rx()), and I don't see them there. However,
when I enable the monitor mode, I see them. What's going on?

--
Felipe Contreras