bgscan simple not always working

Matthew Dalton msdalton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 01:08:52 EST 2013

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try the git HEAD as a last resort, but for now I'm trying to figure
out what's wrong while keeping the configuration constant.

Since my original post I have managed to get roaming working... but I did
it by putting system("wpa_cli roam bssid") calls in my code. Clearly
bgscan-controlled roaming could work (ie. there's nothing in my network
setup to prevent it), but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Anyway, I'm having much bigger issues now, with clients randomly dropping
of the wifi for no apparent reason. Putting "-ddddddt" in the command-line
for wpa_supplicant doesn't produce anything useful. Mostly a spamming of
STATUS and SCAN_RESULTS and the odd ROAM due to my forced roaming system
calls. Nothing to indicate that the network was absent for a few minutes. I
suspect the wifi access points are to blame for this, that their
mesh/bridge implementation is flaky, but I'm still trying to find real
proof that that's the case. If anyone knows where in the wpa_supplicant
source code such errors may be detectable, please let me know, even if it's
a reference to the current git HEAD of wpa_supplicant.

Cheers,
Matt