Need desperate help - wireless 802.1X problem

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Sep 27 10:09:23 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:55:41PM +0000, Alper Yilmaz wrote:
> I copy pasted the question from forum post below,. he forum post
> contains all necessary information (system info, logs, etc.)
> (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2060708)

It looks like everything went fine as far as wpa_supplicant is
concerned.

> I need desperate help regarding my wireless connection problem. I
> cannot connect to my university's wireless network which uses
> WEP802.1X security.

I've never tested dynamic WEP keys with iwlwifi and 5100, so I'm not
sure what to expect from the combination. Anyway, the next step in
debugging this would be to collect some driver logs.. Sorry to bounce
you back, but linux-wireless would really be the correct list for this
;-).

> One of HostAP members suggested using different dhclients, and I tried
> udhcpc and dhcpcd with wicd. I didn't observe any changes and I'm not
> sure if dhcp clients weren't run properly or they ran but failed to
> obtain ip address.

I would assume something goes wrong with key configuration and either
unicast or broadcast packets (or both) don't get through.