Need desperate help - wireless 802.1X problem

Alper Yilmaz alperyilmaz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 08:55:41 EDT 2012

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right mail-list but I was referred to this
mail-list to seek help.

I already asked for help in #linuxwireles chat room and Ubuntu Forums and
didn't get any help. I emailed linux-wireless at vger.kernel.org but it
was wrong mail list.

I copy pasted the question from forum post below,. he forum post
contains all necessary information (system info, logs, etc.)
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2060708)

----- * -----
I need desperate help regarding my wireless connection problem. I
cannot connect to my university's wireless network which uses
WEP802.1X security.
When I switch to Windows Vista, I can connect to university wireless network.
But when I use Ubuntu, I cannot connect. Also, when I use Ubuntu, I
can connect to other wireless networks either non-password-protected
or WEP password protected networks. But I cannot connect to enterprise
networks.

The problem seems not related to Ubuntu per se, but one of the network
related packages (ie. wpa_supplicant, dhclient, etc).
I need help from an expert. I hope the right person reads this post
and helps me.

If you want me to perform debugging tests or tasks please let me know.

One of HostAP members suggested using different dhclients, and I tried
udhcpc and dhcpcd with wicd. I didn't observe any changes and I'm not
sure if dhcp clients weren't run properly or they ran but failed to
obtain ip address.

Thanks,
alper