testing p2p using test interface

Zahraa Salah zsalah at newportmediainc.com
Mon Jan 23 07:59:17 EST 2012

Any CLUE?!!

From: hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com
[mailto:hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com] On Behalf Of Zahraa Salah
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:19 PM
To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: RE: testing p2p using test interface

1.I tried to make 2 interfaces interfaces and dedicated one for the
test_socket,

Where the 2 instances of the supplicant point to it in the .conf using
driver_param=test_socket="socket path" the 2 instances didn't see this
socket as well

2.I also tried to make each instance of the supplicant point to the
socket (created by interface) of the other instance

Ex:          supp1: has interface sta1 and in supp1.conf the
driver_param=test_socket=" sta2 path"

                Supp2:has interface sta2 and in supp2.conf the
driver_param=test_socket=" sta1 path"

Seems that they can see each other but I get:

Unknown test_socket command - hexdump_ascii(len=3):

     4f 4b 0a                                          OK_

RX ctrl_iface - hexdump_ascii(len=4):

     53 43 41 4e                                       SCAN

Ongoing scan action - reject new request

test_driver: received 10 bytes

Unknown test_socket command - hexdump_ascii(len=10):

     46 41 49 4c 2d 42 55 53 59 0a                     FAIL-BUSY_

I'd appreciate the help

Thank you

Zahraa