about the p2p_invite function test in wpas_0.7.2

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Feb 12 09:30:21 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 04:43:55PM +0800, 万青松 wrote:
> But I meet a problem when do the p2p_invite function. The wpa_cli print "P2P-INVITATION-RESULT status=1" when I send invitation request frame. I have read some topics about this problem and it seems there should be a "P2P-PROV-DISC-PBC-REQ" shown at the wpa_cli, acturally there's nothing shown up. Why ?

Most P2P devices do not accept any random invitation request they
receive automatically and as such, status=1 is the most likely result of
an invitation to a running group. The peer device may display something
on the UI for the user to accept the connection and then join the group
separately after this.

> Here is my command histroy:
> p2p_device act as GO:
> >p2p_group_add   // not persistent GO
> >p2p_find
> >p2p_peers
> >p2p_invite group=wlan0 peer=[MAC_STRING]
>
> In the wpas source code the "status=1" indicates that the current info is unavailable, do I need to provision first ?

This is the expected behavior. A user action is required on the peer
device to connect and status=1 indicates that that was indeed the case.