problem associating

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Aug 22 05:24:47 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 09:24:15AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> rtl8192se card (IBM Thinkpad)
> linux 2.6.0-rc2 (also rc1) with in kernel driver (compiled from git)
> Debian sid uptodate
>
> I am running wpa_supplicant -d -Dnl80211 -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -f wpa_supp.log
>
> where the config file lists two entries. I get the attached
> wpa_supp.log file. The connection never succeeds, it seems that
> there is no authentication rsponse.

That looks like an issue in either the driver or mac80211 and would
require debug information from either. From wpa_supplicant view point,
everything else is fine, but the request to authenticate never
completes. The only information available to wpa_supplicant is that
there was a timeout on authentication, so the next step would be to take
a look at what the kernel code is doing.