wpa_supplicant scan speed

Jochem Kempkens jochemk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 08:28:45 EDT 2012

To improve my Indoor-Positioning-System I want to speed up the
WiFi-scanning on my Android phone. At this moment I receive new WiFi-data
every 600ms. For my positioning I would like to get new data every 100ms.
(routers broadcast on that frequency normally) I have tried a lot of
different solutions, but no one seems to work. I hope you all could sent me
in the right direction or give me a solution how to speed up this scan-rate.

My wpa_supplicant-version on the Android-rom I'm using is 0.6.10