Station not connecting with WPS (2.0), open security using wpa supplicant.

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Apr 1 09:24:07 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 01:41:35PM +0530, Rajan Vijayaraghavan wrote:
> I've a linux laptop running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (2.6.32-33-generic). The
> wireless card present is Atheros AR9285.
> I use wpa_supplicant with (-ddKt -Dwext -C /var/run/wpa_supplicant) to
> connect this laptop with my AP.
> The AP is configured with open security, WPS (version 2.0) and config
> method keypad. In this scenario,
> the station does connect at all. If the security is changed to wpa-psk or
> wpa2-psk, the station connects
> just fine. The station connects fine in open security when WPS is not used.

Are you actually trying to use WPS on the station? Or are you saying
that it does not connect to the AP even if both are configured for open
mode as long as WPS is enabled on the AP (but not used by the station)?

> I've tried different config methods and different wpa_supplicant versions
> (0.6.9, 0.6.10, 0.7.3) but to
> no avail. Any pointer is highly appreciated.

Could you please send me detailed debug log from wpa_supplicant (-ddt on
command line) from a failed connection attempt?