WPA-EAP network stops working after random interval

Håvard Espeland gus at ping.uio.no
Fri Nov 25 16:15:00 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 06:03:04PM +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 01:34:54PM +0100, Håvard Espeland wrote:
> > OK. I took a tcpdump today to further investigate, and one can see the problem
> > occuring after the EAPOL messages. After group msg 2/2, ARP packets are no
> > longer answered. Since the trace contains the WPA KEY, I'm only able to share a
> > screenshot of wireshark:
> >
> > http://www.ping.uio.no/~gus/rot/wireshark_eapol.png
>
> Actually, that seems to indicate quite the opposite - reception of
> Broadcast frames is working fine after group key handshake. Those ARP
> requests are from other devices in the network and from the view point
> of this specific station (MAC address ending c3:3f), those are broadcast
> frames and the response should not be showing up in this type of capture
> anyway. This short excerpt did not show any frames that the station
> could have tried to transmit after group key handshake.
>
> Could you please take a look at further frames following the group key
> update and see whether the local station is transmitting frames and
> receiving responses to them?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I will be traveling for the next two weeks, and don't
have the log here. As mentioned, I was in contact with the tech support people,
and should be able to make a temporary account when I get back. As such, a
monitor level trace can be made, and I can share the keys used.

Thank you for your time so far.

--
Håvard Espeland