WPA-EAP network stops working after random interval

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Nov 24 11:03:04 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 01:34:54PM +0100, Håvard Espeland wrote:
> OK. I took a tcpdump today to further investigate, and one can see the problem
> occuring after the EAPOL messages. After group msg 2/2, ARP packets are no
> longer answered. Since the trace contains the WPA KEY, I'm only able to share a
> screenshot of wireshark:
>
> http://www.ping.uio.no/~gus/rot/wireshark_eapol.png

Actually, that seems to indicate quite the opposite - reception of
Broadcast frames is working fine after group key handshake. Those ARP
requests are from other devices in the network and from the view point
of this specific station (MAC address ending c3:3f), those are broadcast
frames and the response should not be showing up in this type of capture
anyway. This short excerpt did not show any frames that the station
could have tried to transmit after group key handshake.

Could you please take a look at further frames following the group key
update and see whether the local station is transmitting frames and
receiving responses to them?