Authentication with a bridge

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Mon May 16 15:34:45 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 11:48:22AM +0200, IMS wrote:
> I'm trying to configure an Ubuntu server with 2 wired interfaces set as a
> bridge and I want a radius authentication on each interfaces.

Do you need to have independent authentication on each interface? I have
not tested this type of setup, but you will probably need to add -b<br
ifname> to the command line to get wpa_supplicant to receive the EAPOL
frames from the bridge. I would first try with -ieth0 -bbr0 on the
command line and if that does not work, try running two wpa_supplicant
instances with one using -ieth0 and the other one -ieth1 (both with
-bbr0). It would be interesting to hear whether either of these options
work in this case.