how to implement the concurrent operation

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Mar 15 08:57:01 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 10:04:10PM +0800, Simon wrote:
> I'm doing some experiences with newest wpa_supplicant,
> I wonder  how could I implement a p2p concurrent device
> I read the p2p spec,  it say " the concurrent operation requires a
> device to support multiple mac entities ", my wlan ic is the AR928x,
> is this such device? could i implement a p2p device with this ic?

There is some preliminary code for support concurrent operations, but it
should be noted that this is limited to a single channel at this point.
By default, the nl80211 driver wrapper in wpa_supplicant disables the
concurrent mode and use of a separate group interfaces. You can enable
them for experimentation by adding the following line into
wpa_supplicant.conf:

driver_param=use_p2p_group_interface=1