Android proposal (Android.mk) - to be compilant with hostap directory structure - current build fail.

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Mar 15 07:42:47 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 08:20:12AM +0100, Janusz Dziedzic wrote:
> Problem connected with Android build.
> I see some issue with hostap/wpa_supplicant/Android.mk. Seems all
> files/paths are added with src/.... prefix (eg. src/utils/common.c).
> There is a compilation issue because of that. We don't have
> hostap/wpa_supplicant/src directory.

Correct. The Android build system does not seem to be prepared for the
directory structure used in wpa_supplicant/hostapd and the workaround
for that is to include the src directory under wpa_supplicant/hostapd.
The old versions in the Android trees have done this type of move in the
repository; I'm using a symlink in my tests.

> What I propose
> 1) we can create a src symlink in hostap/wpa_supplicant/ that will
> point to ../src

I'm doing exactly this manually. I would hope that the same thing can be
added automatically from the Android.mk file, but I have not tested that
yet.

> 2) we can change all paths from src/ to ../src/ in Android.mk

If I've understood correctly, this won't be acceptable with the current
Android build mechanism.