Second BSSID not added to bridge correctly?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Mar 15 07:07:00 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 06:23:20PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
> I'm trying to play with the multiple BSSID feature and it seems like the
> "bridge" option is ignored for the additional BSSID?

It is not completely ignored, but the part of adding (and removing) the
interface into the bridge was only available for the first BSS. I now
extended this to allow the secondary BSSes to be handled in the same way
in hostap.git.

> Additionally when I stop hostapd all my wlan devices disappear (no more
> wlan0), and I am unable to start hostapd until I manually bring up the
> interface again (ifconfig wlan0 up).  Is this expected behaviour?

No.. I'm not sure I understand what exactly you are describing here. The
only thing I can think of would be in the AP interface not being removed
from the bridge or the iftype changes prevented. Anyway, if you can
reproduce this with the current development branch (0.8.x) snapshot, it
would be interesting to get a more detailed instructions on how to
reproduce this. I did not see this type of behavior in any combination
of bridge configuration with two BSSes.