Queries on P2P NoA API

Mr MILIND BEDARE soumik_kgp at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 06:42:55 EST 2011

Hi Jouni,

I was looking at the new driver interface changes for accommodating p2p specific
NoA power management features and I have a few queries on this.

1. The set_noa( ) function takes only 3 parameters count, start and duration.
This is sufficient But it misses the interval parameter. Is it assumed that NOA
interval will always be 1 beacon interval? Will it be better to add a new
parameter?

2. Also, I can see the NOA attribute in P2P IE is being modified in case of
presence request. But for normal NoA operation the same is not true. So, for
normal NoA, the driver must make sure to update the NoA attribute in P2P IE of
beacon/probe response. Is this corrcet?

3. Similarly on P2P client, any change in NoA attribute of the P2P GO will be
monitored and acted upon by the mac/driver. Hostapd/supplicant has no role to
play here. Is this so? In that case set_noa() will only be used in P2P GO.

Regards,
Soumik